The Inspire Foundation has been set up as a charitable trust to recognise and reward extraordinary young individuals.
To qualify, applicants must be:
- Aged between 15 and 23 years of age (inclusive as at the 31st January of the applicable year)
- A resident of Marlborough for at least 3 years with New Zealand Citizenship
- Have demonstrated extraordinary ability or potential in any of the areas of Arts, IT, Design, Music, Science, Research, Education, Sport or Community Service.
The following are the dates of the Inspire Foundation funding rounds:
- Applications close off on 31 March for grants to be made in May.
- Applications close off on 30 September for grants to be made in November.
The Inspire Foundation selection panel will generally use the following criteria to assess grant applications:
- Applications must be from a young talented individual involved in an event, project, training programme, item or initiative.
- Applicants must be aged between 15 & 23 years of age inclusive, at the 31st January of the year in which the application is made. For example: if an application is received for the September round of the Inspire Foundation grants and the applicant is 24 years of age, their application will be considered if at the 31st of January in that year they were still 23 years of age.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their birth certificate or similar evidence of birth date (eg passport).
- Applicants must have been resident in the Marlborough region for 3 years prior to the application date.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or have New Zealand residency for at least 5 years.
- Applicants should provide evidence to support their request for funding. This may include quotes, schedules, references, testimony, descriptions, invitations, schedules or other written material.
- Applicants must be prepared to make themselves available for an interview as part of the application.
Grants will generally be considered if they fall within the following broad categories:
- Grants for your participation or involvement in Music or any related projects, courses or events.
- Grants for your participation or involvement in Art or any related projects, courses or events.
- Grants for your participation or involvement in Design or any related projects, courses or events.
- Grants for your participation or involvement in Science, Technology, Research or any related projects, courses, developments or events.
- Grants for your participation or involvement in an Entrepreneurial project, activity, course or event.
- Grants for your participation in a sporting activity, for equipment, coaching, or an event.
- Grants for your involvement in community work, cultural or any other purpose that is beneficial to the community or any section of it.
- Grants for your participation in educational or training courses, conferences, self development or events.
Retrospective applications cannot be processed. All applications must be lodged at least 8 weeks prior to the event, project, training programme, equipment or item purchase or initiative taking place.